Newman Grove has...
- Swimming pool - Slide in pool is enjoyed by all ages. Wading pool for toddlers. Open Memorial Day through August. Swing and teeter-totter play
- City Park - Complete with tennis courts, picnic shelters with grills,
playground equipment for all ages. Multiple campsites in park area with full hook-ups.
- Walking or Running - Enjoy yourself with an evening walk or early morning run on any of our quiet streets.
- Open countryside for biking, horseback riding or
- Shell Creek Valley Golf Course - 9 hole sand green golf course with wide-open fairways and new tee boxes. Very affordable annual family membership of $90 or play for a day $5.00. Albion Country Club only 15 miles away.
- Hunting - The rural areas of Nebraska are renowned for game
bird hunting, primarily pheasant hunting in the fall. Many acres
of farm land around the Newman Grove area are perfect for hunting, and
with owner's permission, accessible. Deer hunting is also popular in our area. BBC Birds - Pheasant hunting in Albion area. For more information visit www.bbcbirds.com. Visit Nebraska
Game and Parks for
more information on public hunting areas, licensing, and hunting seasons in our area.
- Fireman's Ballpark - High school football field, 2 baseball & softball fields with children's playground equipment and sandbox area.
- Close driving distance to Lewis and Clark Lake between
Nebraska and South Dakota.
- Niobrara, Cedar, Loup and Platte Rivers offer beautiful
canoeing and fishing within a close driving distance.
- State Parks near with hunting (upland game and deer)
and fishing to occupy your time.
- The Cowboy Trail - 30 minutes from the longest rail to trail in the United States. Bike, walk, or horseback ride at your leisure. Experience Nebraska up close.
For more information, call the Newman Grove City Office at (402) 447-6444.
Whether visiting friends or relatives, Alumni Class Reunion, or just
passing through, you can stay at...
- Newman Grove City Campgrounds (402) 447-6444
- Located at the City Park by restrooms where the City maintains 10 full-service
camping spots. Call for more information.
- Historic Crystal Key Inn (Darren Hall) (949) 701-5023